What is IELTS? IELTS
Language Testing System ( IELTS ) is
a test of English language proficiency. It is jointly managed by
the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, the British Council
and IDP Education Australia.
Candidates may choose either
the Academic Module or the General Training Module:
- The Academic Module is intended for those wishing to enrol in
universities and other institutions of higher education.
- The General Training Module is intended for those planning to
undertake non-academic training or to gain work experience, or
for immigration purposes.
Where is IELTS Accepted?
IELTS is accepted by most
Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, New Zealand and South African
academic institutions, by many academic institutions in the United
States, and also by various professional organisations.
The IELTS incorporates the
- A variety of accents and writing styles are presented in text
materials in order to minimise linguistic bias. The test focuses
on "International English", which includes British English, American
English and other varieties.
- IELTS tests the ability to speak, read, listen and write in
- Two test formats can be chosen from - Academic and General Training.
- Band scores are used for each language sub-skill (Speaking,
Listening, Reading and Writing). The Band Scale ranges from 1
("Non User") to 9 ("Expert User").
More Information About Studying in
English Courses in Canada.
Online English Test.
Online Pronunciation Practice.
Schools in Canada.
Schools in Montreal.
Schools in Toronto.
Schools in Vancouver.
Ingles en Canada.
de Ingles Gratuito.
Canadian Visas & Immigration
Visas in Canada.
Lawyers in Canada.
Lawyers in Montreal.
Lawyers in Toronto.
Lawyers in Vancouver.
Lawyers in the United States.
Lawyers in San Diego.
Lawyers in Los Angeles.
Lawyers in New York City.
& Meeting Room Rentals.
250 Smithe Street
V6B 1E7 Canada