Vancouver English Centre - Canada's Leading Language School
Return to Top Page   Contact Us  

Student Visas (Study Permits) in Canada

In Canada, student visas are called Study Permits.  You do not need a Study Permit to take a course or program in Canada with a duration of six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.  Most people need Study Permits to study longer than six months in Canada. 

Applying for a Canadian Student Visa

It is usually fairly easy to apply for a visa to study in Canada.  You can find visa application instructions here.   People from some countries must undergo medical examinations to apply for student visas.  Click here to see if you need a medical exam for your student visa application.

More Information About Visas in Canada

Visas in Canada

Work Permits in Canada

Visa Exemptions in Canada

Working Students.

Embassies of Canada

Immigrating to Canada

Immigration Lawyers in Canada

Immigration Lawyers in the United States


Free Online Pronunciation Practice

Free Online English Test

Apply for Admission.

Language Schools in Canada.

Classroom Rentals.

Home Page

Vancouver English Centre

250 Smithe Street

Vancouver, BC  V6B 1E7  Canada

Tel.: 1-604-687-1600

Fax: 1-604-687-1660

Canada's Leading Language School